MARPAC - Maritime Forces Pacific
FMF Cape Breton
Fleet Maintenance Facility (FMF CAPE BRETON)
- Fleet Maintenance Facility CAPE BRETON (FMF CAPE BRETON) supports the operations of the Pacific Fleet.
- FMF CAPE BRETON is responsible for:
- Repair and maintenance services
- Naval engineering support
- The unit also supports the ADM (Material) Group in the provision of services to the Fleet. It is the most versatile facility of its type on the Canadian west coast, with a highly skilled work force and a broad range of capabilities including submarine support.
How we do it
- In 1996, the former Ship Repair Unit (Pacific), Naval Engineering Unit (Pacific), and Fleet Maintenance Group (Pacific) was amalgamated into one unit. The unit is organized into eight departments:
- Corporate Services
- Quality Management
- Human Resources
- Business Planning and Finance
- Strategic Futures
- Victoria EDWP
Did you know?
- The facility delivered over 1,000,000 hours of work in support of fleet operations in 2008/09
- Includes approximately 1,200 civilians and 100 military members
- Naval maintenance has been performed in Esquimalt since 1872 but FMF CAPE BRETON has only been in it’s current form since April 1, 1996
- Date modified: