Welcome to British Columbia, Vancouver Island, Maritime Forces Pacific (MARPAC) and Canadian Forces Base Esquimalt. This is a great part of our wonderful country to live and serve as a member of the Canadian Forces. Every person, whether they are civilian, regular force, reservist, sailor, soldier or air crew, contributes to the primary mission of maintaining the security of our nation, domestically and overseas.
Families of military members are an equally important part of the symphony. They maintain the home front so military members can do work of national importance in fulfilling the operational and diplomatic roles of Canada’s Navy.
Did you know CFB Esquimalt:
• is the third largest employer in the Capital Regional District
• spends over $500 million annually in payroll, supplies, services and construction
• employs about 4,000 military and 2,000 civilian personnel
• military personnel volunteer an average of 400,000 hours a year in the local community
• raised $695,000 in last year’s Workplace Charity Campaign
• offers guided historical tours and operates a naval and military museum
• publishes the Lookout newspaper weekly on Mondays